Day 4: Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Today was a bit of a slower day, especially since Dr. Clifford wasn't working. Instead, I helped out around the clinic with anything that the head nurse, Katie, would ask me to do.

However, I had more time to interact with patients today. I talked to Ed, one of the regulars, as I helped the nurses bandage up his leg.

During one of my conversations, I also learned a bit more about the Tenderloin district, which is where City Impact is located. Because of all the big-tech companies (like Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) that have moved into San Francisco, the value of land has soared. Thus, housing costs have shot through the roof, causing an increase in people becoming homeless. The Tenderloin district is the heart of the homeless population, and it's a huge problem for the city. But it's also wonderful that as the population of homeless people increased, so did the number of resources that aim to help get people off the streets, including City Impact.

After volunteering at City Impact, I met up with an old and dear friend who lived in San Francisco. We ended up visiting the Palace of Fine Arts, which was breathtaking. She also took me to Land's End.

Check out the Golden Gate Bridge behind us!



















Land's End 


Palace of Fine Arts


Palace of Fine Arts pt. 2. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Friday, May 25, 2018

Day 5: Thursday, May 24, 2018