Day 6: Friday, May 25, 2018

Today was my break day, so I decided to go to Yosemite National Park to get a break from the city.

The forest was absolutely beautiful, and such a refreshing break from the concrete jungle. It was a bit colder than what I expected, but the views were absolutely worth braving the chilly temperatures.

Sadly, the pictures do not fully capture the beauty of Yosemite. I definitely recommend in going to Yosemite in person!

Here's a redwood tree with a tunnel carved into it. Just look at the size of the trunk in comparison to the size of me. It's huge. I had to wait my turn in order to get this picture. 


The cliffs. I think this may have been Half-Dome? Sadly it was super misty on this day and I couldn't fully see the cliffs' full height. 


Pretty sure this was the third tier of the Yosemite Falls. Usually there isn't much water in the waterfall (due to the recent droughts), but this year California had a record amount of snowfall. The melted snow contributes to the waterfalls in Yosemite. 


A picture of me with the cliffs behind me. A bit sad that there was so much fog and mist covering them, but nonetheless, the view was beautiful. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Day 5: Thursday, May 24, 2018