Day 7: May 26, 2018

Last full day in San Francisco, sadly.

I ended up going to the Legion of Honor Fine Arts Museum. Honestly I was not expecting to enjoy the museum as much as I did. My favorite section was the collection of Auguste Rodin's sculptures because I felt like his sculptures were almost alive. He somehow made stone and bronze look... soft. It was amazing. 

Here are some of my personal favorites:

This was my favorite piece by Rodin in the museum. It's titled The Kiss.


Another Rodin! As the sign says, it's five reductions from his work The Burghers of Calais


I thought that the woman was painted beautifully. 


As a child who was super into Tudor history, I really appreciated this bust of Mary of Scots. It's so detailed.


Claude Monet's Water Lilies



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Day 6: Friday, May 25, 2018

Day 5: Thursday, May 24, 2018